This election season is finally coming to a close and we must never forget what we’ve been subjected to. The first thought that probably comes to mind are the actions of the candidates (Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump) before and during the race. But as obvious as that may be, it will be easier to forget your birthday than these two nominees.
What we really must never forget is the colorful characters that graced our screens every night with their ridiculous rhetoric. Specifically the Trump surrogates. They defended the Republican nominee over any and everything ad nauseum. In their eyes, the Don could do no wrong and they had an excuse or explanation to back it up. Despite defying logic!
Whether it’s sexual misconduct, racist comments, threats, blatant lies or policy gaffes…these mouthpieces keep on defending like the New York Knicks in the 90’s. As much as it shouldn’t be a surprise, based on Trump’s own reluctance to ever acknowledge his own stumbles, it still remains mind boggling!
But when you fire one campaign manager (Corey Lewandowski) after manhandling a female reporter, lose the second one (Paul Manafort) to a resignation after his ties to pro Russian factions in Ukraine are revealed and end up with a campaign manager (Kellyanne Conway) who seems to know better but still defends the worse, it is absolutely necessary to remember these people. All of them!
It is up to us to either hold these cast of characters responsible for a Trump Presidency or ensure their lack of judgment, credibility and common sense are forever at the forefronts of our minds the next time around. They have made it painfully obvious that taking any ownership or accountability for their words is not in their house of cards and will surely resurface if not victorious.
We’ve seen them enough and unfortunately will see them again. Hopefully we’ll have at least four years to prepare ourselves.
(Ben Carson, Boris Epshteyn, Bruce LeVell, Carl Higbie, Chris Christy, Corey Lewandowsky, Jeffrey Lord, John Phillips, Katrina Pierson, Kayleigh McEnany, Kellyanne Conway, Michael Cohen, Mike Pence, Pastor Darrell Scott, Paul Manafort)
oh yeah…let’s not forget some of our favorites.
(Rudy Giuliani, Roger Ailes, Omorosa Manigault, Scottie Nell Hughes)
And Knowing is Half the Battle…
I’ve seen Terminator references used to argue against Artificial Intelligence, foreign movie clips used to “prove” the pandemic was a well executed plan and baseless clips from folk with large media followings telling me all about vaccines and how I should interact with science.
My concrete and definitive conclusion is that the person least likely to make a mistake is the person with the most training / experience, not the person with the most social media followers / apprehension.
We put too much faith in what lies behind a screen instead of those who actually engage in the practice. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with paring common sense and common science.
I get it though. I like to take part in conversations too but if you aren’t willing to do any work further than clicking a share button simply because you just want to engage, you were genuinely more effective sitting on the sidelines.
I trust NASA more than I trust Rocket Racoon. I trust Tesla more than I trust Cyberdyne and I trust DOCTORS more than I trust my friends, celebrities and any other schmuck burger with a social media platform propagating nonsense.
SIDEBAR I don’t know if y’all heard of this thing called The Internet but its amazing! People mostly keep their booby pictures on it but it also has something called GOOGLE that you can use research stuff. Some of y’all should check it out. SIDEBAR COMPLETE.
Robbing Hoods and Stopping Games
- Every single time the stock market crashed, it was done by the “professionals.”
- If a group of folk can get together in a chat room and legally take BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM YOU IN YOUR OWN PROFESSION…IN DAYS, you may wanna reevaluate how professional you are.
- Retail investors had nothing to do with the Great Depression, Black Friday, Black Monday, the internet bubble or the housing bubble. That was Institutional.
- I’ve never seen so much call for regulation in the stock market from those who typically make the most money in my life. I believe the correct financial term is #BigMad
- They aren’t upset retail investors are making money. They are upset retail investors are making the market place volatile, making it harder for THEM to make money long term.
- Why was there not this level of concern when retail investors were losing their pensions and IRAs at all other instances?
- Why are hedge funds even allowed to use people’s pensions to short sell?!
- If you are using your rent or mortgage to invest in the stock market, you have bigger issues. #gambleholic
- Retail investors have never had a platform nor the income to throw markets off. They still don’t.
- No one has a problem with the rules until it works against their own interests.
Bonus: When you gamble, you could either win or lose. Investors don’t need to be CPAs to understand that concept.
Sidebar; Pay more attention to your money management!! Sidebar complete.
A Riot of Entitlement
1. If a foreign government had pulled off what occurred on Capitol Hill last week, that nation would currently be a rubble laden parking lot, bombed into the stone-age.
2. If BLM had pulled off what occurred last week, we would currently be having conversations like “Y’all remember freedom?” and “You ONLY got shot 6 times?!! Sheeeeit. Everybody else got at least 9… yeah we all in the studio recording now…”
3. Why is the foreign policy response more stringent than domestic policy when the threat is much worse due to proximity?
4. Why is the current law enforcement response akin to aiding and abetting simply because the assailants resemble, and in some cases are “law” enforcement? Do bullets not kill when your cousin is the shooter?
5. True privilege is complaining about your rights taken away right AFTER and BECAUSE you used those rights to violate others. Rights were granted by LAW and as such, can be rescinded… by LAW! Why does this even have to be explained?
Sidebar: For future reference, this is how you properly storm the Capitol! With Beyonce and legal votes!! Ahhhh 2012. The good old days! Make Inaugurations Great Again (MIGA Please!!) Sidebar Complete.
Music5 months ago
Janita – Three Songs She’d Love to Have Written
Featured7 months ago
What the NFT is a BEEPLE?
Movies7 months ago
Review: Godzilla vs. Kong
Movies7 months ago
Now that Captain America is Black…
Article7 months ago
Writing Your First Book / Should I Self Publish?
Op Ed6 months ago
And Knowing is Half the Battle…
Music5 months ago
New Music – Bachelor