For anyone who’s been following the investigation into the Trump Administration’s alleged collusion with Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, you know there’s been no shortage of activity and looming circumstantial evidence. Everything from treason, obstruction of justice, evidence tampering, and every high crime and misdemeanor in-between seems to be on the table. With former Director of the F.B.I. James Comey set to testify today, and whose sudden termination by the President further ramped-up obstruction of justice allegations, critics are certain this will be a major nail in the mounting “Impeach the President“ coffin. But what EXACTLY is an impeachable offense, and can Comey even provide that evidence in a public hearing for an ongoing and unprecedented investigation?
The answer in short is there is no answer in short. There have been several attempts at impeaching U.S Presidents and although 3 have been successfully impeached, including President Bill “what is is?” Clinton, none have been removed. The loosest parallels regarding this current investigation echo that of President Richard Nixon’s Administration and Watergate. Oddly enough, Nixon was never impeached and opted to quit or else he most certainly would’ve been.
Reports of the President’s multiple attempts at what his detractors call blatant obstruction, but supporters refer to as “misplaced but innocuous allegiances to General Flynn,” are too many to count at this point. It seems the President has asked everyone in law enforcement from F.B.I. Directors to mall security guards to just let his boy slide.
When F.B.I Director James Comey
Refused to give a pass to Trump’s homie
His sudden termination
As top cop off the nation
Left him asking “oh so now you don’t know me?”
Terrible limericks aside, Comey’s testimony is being billed as the big payback and the much needed evidence that will finally put this case in the bag. Fact of the matter is it absolutely cannot be. The investigation is ongoing and for the former Director to provide any concrete evidence prior to the conclusion of said investigations would actually make him a criminal by way of leaking confidential information. Ironic huh?
So enjoy the theatrics for now. It’s gonna take a while (and most likely a Democrat controlled Senate) to see any successful impeachment hearings. In the meantime, all you can hope for is that…
And Knowing is Half the Battle…
I’ve seen Terminator references used to argue against Artificial Intelligence, foreign movie clips used to “prove” the pandemic was a well executed plan and baseless clips from folk with large media followings telling me all about vaccines and how I should interact with science.
My concrete and definitive conclusion is that the person least likely to make a mistake is the person with the most training / experience, not the person with the most social media followers / apprehension.
We put too much faith in what lies behind a screen instead of those who actually engage in the practice. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with paring common sense and common science.
I get it though. I like to take part in conversations too but if you aren’t willing to do any work further than clicking a share button simply because you just want to engage, you were genuinely more effective sitting on the sidelines.
I trust NASA more than I trust Rocket Racoon. I trust Tesla more than I trust Cyberdyne and I trust DOCTORS more than I trust my friends, celebrities and any other schmuck burger with a social media platform propagating nonsense.
SIDEBAR I don’t know if y’all heard of this thing called The Internet but its amazing! People mostly keep their booby pictures on it but it also has something called GOOGLE that you can use research stuff. Some of y’all should check it out. SIDEBAR COMPLETE.
Robbing Hoods and Stopping Games
- Every single time the stock market crashed, it was done by the “professionals.”
- If a group of folk can get together in a chat room and legally take BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM YOU IN YOUR OWN PROFESSION…IN DAYS, you may wanna reevaluate how professional you are.
- Retail investors had nothing to do with the Great Depression, Black Friday, Black Monday, the internet bubble or the housing bubble. That was Institutional.
- I’ve never seen so much call for regulation in the stock market from those who typically make the most money in my life. I believe the correct financial term is #BigMad
- They aren’t upset retail investors are making money. They are upset retail investors are making the market place volatile, making it harder for THEM to make money long term.
- Why was there not this level of concern when retail investors were losing their pensions and IRAs at all other instances?
- Why are hedge funds even allowed to use people’s pensions to short sell?!
- If you are using your rent or mortgage to invest in the stock market, you have bigger issues. #gambleholic
- Retail investors have never had a platform nor the income to throw markets off. They still don’t.
- No one has a problem with the rules until it works against their own interests.
Bonus: When you gamble, you could either win or lose. Investors don’t need to be CPAs to understand that concept.
Sidebar; Pay more attention to your money management!! Sidebar complete.
A Riot of Entitlement
1. If a foreign government had pulled off what occurred on Capitol Hill last week, that nation would currently be a rubble laden parking lot, bombed into the stone-age.
2. If BLM had pulled off what occurred last week, we would currently be having conversations like “Y’all remember freedom?” and “You ONLY got shot 6 times?!! Sheeeeit. Everybody else got at least 9… yeah we all in the studio recording now…”
3. Why is the foreign policy response more stringent than domestic policy when the threat is much worse due to proximity?
4. Why is the current law enforcement response akin to aiding and abetting simply because the assailants resemble, and in some cases are “law” enforcement? Do bullets not kill when your cousin is the shooter?
5. True privilege is complaining about your rights taken away right AFTER and BECAUSE you used those rights to violate others. Rights were granted by LAW and as such, can be rescinded… by LAW! Why does this even have to be explained?
Sidebar: For future reference, this is how you properly storm the Capitol! With Beyonce and legal votes!! Ahhhh 2012. The good old days! Make Inaugurations Great Again (MIGA Please!!) Sidebar Complete.
Music5 months ago
Janita – Three Songs She’d Love to Have Written
Featured7 months ago
What the NFT is a BEEPLE?
Movies7 months ago
Review: Godzilla vs. Kong
Movies7 months ago
Now that Captain America is Black…
Article7 months ago
Writing Your First Book / Should I Self Publish?
Op Ed6 months ago
And Knowing is Half the Battle…
Music5 months ago
New Music – Bachelor